Position: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Category: Part-time, up to 10 hours/week
Schedule: Flexible, combination of remote and in-office, some evening/weekend activities
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary: $18 – $25/hour depending on experience
The part-time Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a new role that will help GTCYS tell its story through the use of digital media, electronic communications, advertising outlets, and public relations. Activities will support GTCYS’ efforts to increase its visibility, expand enrollment, and increase audiences. The successful candidate is organized and media savvy, has video production experience and an energetic writing style, and possesses a creative knack for story-telling. While flexible in schedule up to approximately 10 hours per week, the person in this role must be available for occasional evening/weekend program activities and be able to meet the organization’s deadlines.
Communications & Publicity (65%)
- Work with the Executive Director to create a strategic communications and digital media plan.
- Write and prepare content for electronic and print communications including e-newsletters, website content, program and concert descriptions, press releases, and cross-promotional materials with local partners, and other external communications
- Manage internal and external aspects for annual communications calendar and the production of GTCYS’ collateral materials, including coordination with GTCYS’ staff and vendors (graphic designer, printer, mail house)
- Manage photos and design in-house collateral materials as needed (e.g. concert flyers, invitations)
- Solicit, coordinate, and develop GTCYS’ advertising base for concert programs and other revenue-driven outlets
- Coordinate external advertising opportunities, program listings, and regular concert listings to promote GTCYS programs and performances
- Collaborate with GTCYS Executive Director and staff to identify stories and opportunities for greater visibility
- Provide materials for media requests (recordings, bios, program info, etc.)
- Ensure that all communications are consistent with GTCYS branding and key messages, and are regularly integrated into our various communication outlets
- Help prepare GTCYS’ annual budget and monitor income and expenses for these activities
Digital Media (35%)
- Manage GTCYS social media activities (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.), maintaining a regular presence
- Create social media calendar and gather necessary info (photos, data, etc.) from others to ensure full coverage of key GTCYS activities, leverage opportunities for added visibility, and advocate music education and classical music
- Take photos at select activities for use in communications and collateral materials
- Create short videos and audio recordings
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or Associate’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience in the communications field
- Excellent writing skills and ability to relay stories in a compelling way
- Ability to generate creative ideas, self-motivate, and prioritize tasks
- Technology skills:
- Comfort level with Microsoft Office applications
- Basic graphic design experience using Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Video creation and editing experience
- Electronic marketing tools such as MailChimp
- Proficiency with various social media platforms
- Ability to work a flexible, irregular schedule while still meeting GTCYS deadlines
- Passion for music preferred
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
GTCYS is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and equitable environment. We strongly encourage applications from people of color and from populations underrepresented in the arts administration field.
Email a cover letter, resume, samples of relevant past work, and names of three references to GTCYS Executive Director Megen Balda at email@example.com by Monday, September 18.
Volunteers provide vital assistance by helping with administrative duties, program activities, concert events, special events, and fundraising. If you’re interested in volunteering, please contact Katie Heilman at firstname.lastname@example.org.