Scholarship awards are based on demonstrated financial need. The amount of the award is based on a sliding scale, which takes into account household income, number of children living at home, and extraordinary circumstances. Contact GTCYS at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.602.6800 with questions.
- Before completing this online scholarship application, families must register for the applicable program: Summer Orchestra, String Orchestra Camp, or register for an audition. If you have not done this yet, please complete your registration now.
- By the deadline listed below, complete the entire scholarship application and return it to GTCYS with your 2018 federal tax forms and other required documentation to:
GTCYS, 408 St. Peter Street, Suite 300, Saint Paul, MN 55102. Applications must be received by the deadline.
- Families with multiple children enrolled may complete one application for all children. If your family will participate in more than one GTCYS program this year, you will only need to submit one scholarship application.
SUMMER PROGRAM APPLICATION DEADLINE: Scholarship applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the Summer Programs have reached capacity
- 2019 Summer Orchestras and String Orchestra Camp Scholarship Application
- The deadline to submit materials for Summer Orchestras scholarships is Monday, May 13. Families will be notified of the decision during the week of May 20.
- The deadline to submit materials for String Orchestra Camp scholarships is Monday, June 10. Families will be notified of the decision during the week of June 17.
2019-20 School Year Orchestras: Applications are due Friday, August 30
- Families will be notified of the decision by email within two weeks of the application deadline
- The first payment will be due within two weeks of notification.
EXPECTATIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
- Abide by the code of conduct.
- Abide by the attendance policy.
- Consistent practice, preparation, and participation for all GTCYS activities.
- Commitment to participate for the entire program.
- Timely payment of all tuition not covered by the scholarship award.