Fulfilling dreams for the Future
Playing your part for not only the present, but for the future will help sustain funding for student experience, access, general operations, and tours of the Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies while fulfilling your dream to leave your legacy. Your gift will not only build endowment (or nest egg) for GTCYS but can set a good example of philanthropy for your family and friends. A planned gift does not have to be complicated and you can designate how you choose to have your gift used and acknowledged. You determine how you would like to leave your legacy for young student musicians.
Please consider the below to benefit GTCYS:
- Naming us as the beneficiary (or a percentage thereof) of a Life Insurance policy, IRA, Annuity, or Charitable Remainder Trust
- Leaving us a bequest in your will
- Creating a lifetime income gift such as a Charitable Gift Annuity through your community foundation
- Giving a gift of appreciated Assets
- Giving a gift from your donor advised fund
The Greater Twin Cities Youth Symphonies does have an existing endowment from which income is added to the general operating budget at the discretion of our Board of Trustees. In one year, no greater than 7% of the value (both corpus and income) can be used for operational expense. In recent years, positive fundraising momentum has required no such distribution, but the hope is that as this endowment grows, long term budgeting can depend on this regular income.
If you would prefer to discuss planned giving options in person, contact Megen Balda at 651.602.6802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.