Student musicians of all levels are challenged to new heights by phenomenal conductors while making friends and building confidence in a fun environment.
Whether you’re a first-time orchestra student or an advanced player, there’s a place for you in one of GTCYS’ three Summer Orchestras. The Summer Philharmonic and Summer Symphony inspire younger and more advanced string, woodwind, brass, and percussion students, and the Summer Chamber Symphony offers higher level string students an opportunity to excel in a more intimate orchestra. Students will be challenged to new heights by phenomenal conductors while making friends and building confidence in a fun summer environment.
- Open to all orchestral instrumentalists in grades 3 – 12. No audition!
- Orchestra placement is determined by students’ musical ability (from registration form questions) and GTCYS’ instrumentation needs
- All three orchestras are co-conducted by GTCYS conductors Dan Mollick, Kent Musser, and Gary Wolfman
- Sectionals with professional musicians
- Culminating concert at Como Park – free and open to the public!
- Rehearsals: Tuesdays, May 23 – June 27 and Thursday, July 6 from 7:00 – 8:45pm
- Rehearsal Location: University of Minnesota’s School of Music, Ferguson Hall, 2106 4th Street S, Minneapolis, MN
- Concert: Tuesday, July 11 at 7:00pm
- Concert Location: Como Park Pavilion, St. Paul
*Note: Up to two rehearsal absences allowed: Click here to report an absence.
- $245 tuition plus $20 registration fee
- Early bird discount: register before April 14 and tuition is just $225!
- Scholarships available; click here for more information and to apply!
Registration for Summer Orchestras has now closed. If you are an advanced bass player, please contact Miranda Bryan at email@example.com or 651.602.6807 to inquire about joining. All other instruments: Please check this page in February 2018 to register for the 2018 GTCYS Summer Orchestras!