Young string students will experience the excitement of playing in an orchestra, make new friends, grow musically, and have fun!
Budding young string students can play in a fun string orchestra day camp where they’ll experience the excitement of playing in an orchestra, make new friends, grow musically, and have fun! Rehearsals, sectionals with professional coaches, fun social opportunities, field trips, and special music activities create a well-rounded musical experience.
- Open to any violin, viola, cello, or bass students ages 8 – 13 who have approximately two years’ playing and reading experience – no audition!
- Work daily with GTCYS conductor Mary Sorlie, outstanding professional coaches, and student mentors
- Daily field trips to Minnesota Public Radio studios, Schubert Club instrument museum, the Ordway, and more!
- Perform a free concert at Creative Arts High School, St. Paul
- Snacks provided; students bring their own lunch
- Daily sessions: July 6 – 10, 2020, 9:00am – 3:00pm
- Rehearsal Location: Landmark Center, 75 5th Street, St. Paul, MN 55102
- Concert: Friday, July 10, 2020 at 12:30pm
- Concert Location: Creative Arts High School, 65 E Kellogg Blvd, St. Paul, MN 55101
Registration & Tuition
- $430 tuition plus $20 registration fee
- Register early: $20 discount for students who register before May 18!
- Increasing access to our programs is a top priority: Need-based scholarships available
- Registration for the 2020 String Orchestra Camp is open!
This activity is supported, in part, by the City of Saint Paul Cultural Sales Tax Revitalization Program.