GTCYS is excited to announce a new series of FREE interactive online sessions with GTCYS conductors, staff, and special guests for this summer! These sessions cover a wide range of musical topics and are geared towards a variety of ages and instruments. Learn about your instrument, practice tips, music history, conducting, and more! The schedule will be updated throughout May and June, so please check back often. For more information, click here.
Whether you’re a first-time orchestra musician or an advanced player, there’s a place for you in one of GTCYS’ three Summer Orchestras! The Summer Philharmonic and Summer Symphony inspire younger and more advanced string, woodwind, brass, and percussion students, and the Summer Chamber Symphony offers higher level string students an opportunity to excel in a more intimate orchestra. Students will be challenged to new heights by phenomenal conductors while making friends and building confidence in a fun summer environment.
- Open to 3rd – 12th graders who play an orchestral instrument and can read music – no audition!
- Orchestra placement is determined by students’ musical ability (from registration form questions) and GTCYS’ instrumentation needs
- Work with GTCYS conductors
- Rehearse in beautiful facilities, including Ted Mann Concert Hall
- Perform at scenic Como Park – free and open to the public!
- Rehearsals: Tuesday evenings, 2021 schedule TBD
- Rehearsal Location: University of Minnesota’s School of Music, Ferguson Hall and Ted Mann Concert Hall, 2106 4th Street S, Minneapolis, MN
- Concert: Como Lakeside Pavilion, St. Paul
- Attendance: Up to two rehearsal absences allowed
- We will contact families who had already registered about your tuition refund for 2020
- $265 tuition plus $20 registration fee
- Early bird discount: register before April 20 and tuition is just $245!
- Need-based scholarships available
Registration is currently closed
What students like about Summer Orchestras:
- “Being able to play a variety of types of music.”
- “Meeting new people.”
- “The conductors helped me improve a lot!”
- “It was really fun to get to practice in Ted Mann Concert Hall.”
- “I love to perform at Como Lakeside Pavilion.”